Sunday, August 17, 2008

She's BACK

And good grief am I tan.


Wow.

I had a great time on vacation and am both happy to be back and sad, all at the same time.  There were some low points (a dent in my new car, an iced cappuccino exploding on a public bathroom stall, a too late arrival at my sprint this morning), but a million high points to make up for them.

I kept very active (one 30 mile ride, a number of runs, a TON of walking, and lots of local riding) and hit the pillow exhausted each night.  I also changed my first flat.  Seriously.  All by myself.

Incidentally, you guys write a lot.  I have over 1000 blog posts to catch up on.  That's three zeros.  Goodness sakes.  This is going to take a while, you know.

Right now, though, I'm exhausted.  I've been up since 4 and drove almost 4 hours already.  (My attempt at leaving early enough to get to my race, which sadly did not work.)  I'm literally going to take a nap.  At 10:30 in the morning.

Because today is still officially vacation.

10 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Man, and I was just about to whine about the 358 posts in my google reader! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Wes said...

Sorry you had to come home :-) LOL!!

LoveOfShoes said...

Welcome back! We did luck out with the weather, indeed! I was due for it thought, last year it rained 5/7 of my days. Love the local riding, I did 12 on my the beach cruiser to pick up donuts and trashers :)

Tea said...

Welcome back!

Kevin said...

Wow! Thats a whole lotta blog posts. Glad you had a great vacation

Viv said...

Welcome home, glad you got some workouts in. Sorry about the other stuff though.

M said...

suuuurre it was an iced cappucinno.

good to have you back - i kept checking the blog all week just in case you made a surprise post - but alas, you did not. too busy with your fancy tan, I guess.

speaking of which- are you gonna post any pics of it?

:) said...

Pics of the tan, or it didn't happen. It's the rules...I didn't make 'em.

Kim said...

welcome back, welcome back!!!!