So, an update on the great challenge and various sundry developments...
- Six sessions down...5 to go. Bike/run tonight, and then Swim/Lift/Run tomorrow. I don't really think of them like 5 sessions... more like two -- two times I stink up laundry and need to take a shower to be tolerable. Even if I kayaked, juggled, lifted ice blocks, and then took a jog...if I only needed one shower, it only counts as one session. Regardless, by tomorrow afternoon, it's all about hot wax and buffed cuticles.
- Today (and I kid you not) *I* actually was complimented on my stroke. I. Swear. After all of my blah, blah, blahing about the Wednesday Friday guy (who, incidentally, was in the lane right next to mine today), little ole me got the compliment. (blush) Not from WednesdayFriday guy, but still.
- Buoys rock my world. Not David Bowie. Buoys. Sounds the same, but not the same. I'm starting to get much more confident of breathing on the right using one. No buoy? Sink like a rock. Buoy? I rock.
- Smart training in shorter periods is better than being a bonehead in search of duration. And once you get over the numbers, it feels just as good.
- I know I've ranted about drills recently, but I'm still in love with them. Currently, my swim drills and I are having an illicit affair. NOBODY MENTION THIS TO MIGHTY M. I love the catch-up and one-arm-at-a-time and finger drag. I even made up my own drill to fix my obsessive need to stare straight ahead when I'm swimming. It's my chin drill. It's fancy.
- Oh, and speaking of drills -- I CAN TOTALLY DO THE ONE-LEGGED CYCLING DRILL NOW and I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! I can't believe I waited until the 6th bullet to mention it. Practice does pay.
- My perpetually broke self found a ridiculously cheap metric century ride to go on in April. The Taxing Metric and it's $20, with sag support and nummy food stations. Booyah!
- Enough with the cold, okay? Enough.