Thursday, December 14, 2006

Morning musing

Less then three weeks until Ironman training begins, and a thought occured to me last night that, while not original or even all that insightful, calmed some of my worries of lost ability.

Achievements that take many days, weeks, months, or years are not undone in less time. The achievement itself may seem tenuous and vulnerable, but when it was hard won and based on honest effort, those impressions of vulnerability are your own perception, not the reality.

Just thought I wanted to share that with you this morning.

In other news, I have solved the website issue (try...the hosting company forgot to actually purchase the domain!) and have picked my training plan for TP.com. Once the holiday crush is over I'll get that purchased and uploaded for all to see. And, yes Jeremy, I still do owe a race report on the marathon. I guess I'll have to actually make this one funny, since it's so late! Thanks for keeping me honest...

2 comments:

Trevor Oseen said...

I am not sure if my plan is uploadable to TP as I don't have an account. I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants. I use a program found at www.crosstrainer.ca to keep track of everything I do on a daily basis. Works quite well!

I am also waiting to read your marathon report!

LBTEPA said...

and the flipside of that is, only bad things happen quickly. All your hard work in building character and self-discipline is still there, waiting to be used to make you Iron :)